Post-doctoral Education Fellowship
This one- or two-year fellowship is designed to help people develop expertise in designing, implementing and evaluating educational programs in healthcare. The program is sponsored by the Center for Medical Education Research and Development (CMERAD) in the Cleveland Clinic Education Institute.
Educational Rotation Opportunities
View the following fellowship opportunities:
Research Project Proposals
Who Should Apply
Qualified applicants must have:
- Terminal degree in the educational, social or behavioral sciences
- Exposure to relevant theoretical frameworks within education
We will consider recent PhD graduates and those meeting PhD candidacy requirements (completed all coursework and passed qualifying exam). Preference will be given to applicants who have completed their dissertation or who plan to pursue dissertation research at Cleveland Clinic.
Responsibilities During Fellowship
Fellows are responsible to:
- Learn and apply educational concepts to healthcare settings.
- Conduct scholarly reviews of the literature.
- Plan and implement projects within the Education Institute in collaboration with Education Institute staff.
- Participate in education conferences at Cleveland Clinic.
- Design and implement one major project of mutual interest to the Education Institute and fellow
- Prepare a manuscript of a major project suitable for publication in a high-impact, peer-reviewed journal.
Review the complete performance expectations
, and view past post-doctoral fellow peer-reviewed work products
View a list of Education Institute faculty as well as links to their staff profiles here
Salary and Benefits
The salary is competitive ($45-60K) and depends on the experience, qualifications and doctoral status of the individual. The position includes a comprehensive benefit package
How to Apply
Please prepare a personal statement that addresses how your abilities and interests would contribute to the Education Institute’s mission and how the education fellowship aligns with your career goals. We will request additional materials (e.g., letters of reference, other supporting documents) after initial contact. Send your curriculum vitae and personal statement to:
Beth Bierer, PhD, at CCLCMPostDoc@ccf.org
Beth Bierer, PhD, Program Director
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
9500 Euclid Avenue NA25
Cleveland, OH 44195
We will review applications as they are received until the position is filled. The fellowship will begin at a mutually agreeable time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cleveland Clinic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity here
. Cleveland Clinic is a smoke- and drug-free environment.