How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 academic year. All visiting students must complete the online application. Please be sure to have all required documents ready prior to starting the application since the documents and application fee must be included prior to submitting your application. Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed (no exceptions). Please do not send documents via email.
All rotations are four weeks long, and each student is limited to two rotations.
Because of the high volume of requests, rotations during March through October are more competitive. Priority in scheduling is given first to our own medical school students and affiliate students, other U.S. medical students and international students who are enrolled in an accredited medical school (the school must have more native students in the home country enrolled than foreign students).
All medical students requesting clinical/clinical research rotations must register through the college. View the policy here.
- Application Dates: New applications will be accepted beginning May 15, 2015 through January 30, 2016 for the new academic year (July 2015 -June 2016).
- Fee: A $120 application processing fee is required from all visiting students applying for an elective. The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and is not dependent on receiving or accepting an offer. The fee is to be paid with the submission of the application.
- Acceptance/Denial: After reviewing your application, you will be notified of acceptance or denial via email. Once your assignment has been confirmed you are expected to complete that rotation.
- No Switching Rotations: Switching rotations will NOT be permitted once you are confirmed to complete a rotation. No exceptions will be made regarding switching rotations. If you choose not to complete the rotation you are scheduled for, please cancel 30 days in advance.
- Cancellations: While cancellation may be necessary, please do so at least 30 days in advance and be sure to notify your school of the cancellation.
To apply to the Cleveland Clinic Elective Program, please click here.
Please do not email your application or documents.
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Medical Student Elective Program, NA20
9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195
Questions? Contact the Elective Program Education Coordinator at email@example.com.