How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2015-2016 academic year. The application process will re-open on April 15, 2016 for the 2016-2017 academic year. All visiting students must complete the online application. Please be sure to have all required documents ready prior to starting the application since the documents and application fee must be included prior to submitting your application. Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed (no exceptions).
All rotations are four weeks long, and each student is limited to two rotations.
Because of the high volume of requests, rotations during March through October are more competitive. Priority in scheduling is given first to our own medical school students and affiliate students, other U.S. medical students and international students who are enrolled in an accredited medical school. We process complete applications in the order they are received.
All medical students requesting clinical rotations must register through the college. View the policy here.
- Application Dates: New applications will be accepted beginning April 15, 2016 through November 15, 2016 for the new academic year (July 2016 -June 2017).
- Fee: A $150 application processing fee is required from all visiting students applying for an elective. The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and is not dependent on receiving or accepting an offer. The fee is to be paid with the submission of the application. You may apply for up to two electives ($300 maximum fee).
- Acceptance/Denial: After reviewing your application, you will be notified of acceptance or denial via email. Once your assignment has been confirmed you are expected to complete that rotation.
- No Switching Rotations: Switching rotations will NOT be permitted once you are confirmed to complete a rotation. No exceptions will be made regarding switching rotations. If you choose not to complete the rotation you are scheduled for, please cancel 30 days in advance.
- Cancellations: While cancellation may be necessary, please do so at least 30 days in advance and be sure to notify your school of the cancellation.
The application process is closed for the year and will re-open on April 15, 2016 for the next academic year.
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Medical Student Elective Program, NA20
9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195
Questions? Contact the Elective Program Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.