How to Apply
Our application process is now open for the 2016-2017 academic year. See below for the link to apply through our electronic process. All visiting students must complete the online application. Please be sure to have all required documents ready prior to starting the application since the documents must be included prior to submitting your application. Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed (no exceptions).
All rotations are four weeks long, and each student is limited to two rotations.
Because of the high volume of requests, rotations during August through October are more competitive (we do not have visiting students in July or December). Priority in scheduling is given first to our own medical school students and affiliate students, other U.S. medical students and international students who are enrolled in an accredited medical school. International students will be able to apply on April 15 for blocks in November through June. Please review our calendar for specific dates of rotations. We process complete applications in the order they are received.
All medical students requesting clinical rotations must register through the elective program.
- Application Dates: New applications will be accepted beginning April 15, 2016 through November 15, 2016 for the new academic year (August 2016 - June 2017). Please note we do not have visiting students in the months of July and December.
- Fee: A $150 application processing fee is required from all visiting students applying for an elective. The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and is not dependent on receiving or accepting an offer. The fee is to be paid with the submission of the application. You may apply for up to two electives ($300 maximum fee).
- Acceptance/Denial: After reviewing your application, you will be notified of acceptance or denial via email about 45-60 days prior to the start of your rotation. Once your assignment has been confirmed you are expected to complete that rotation.
- No Switching Rotations: Switching rotations will NOT be permitted once you are confirmed to complete a rotation. No exceptions will be made regarding switching rotations. If you choose not to complete the rotation you are scheduled for, please cancel 30 days in advance.
- Cancellations: While cancellation may be necessary, please do so at least 30 days in advance and be sure to notify your school of the cancellation.
- Domestic students apply here.
- International students apply here.
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Medical Student Elective Program, NA20
9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195
Questions? Contact the Elective Program Education Coordinator at email@example.com.