1. Observership applications are presented to one specialty only; please select the one specialty that reflects your area of expertise or that you are most interested in.
2. Refer to the schedule below and select an application period most appropriate for you.
Due to the volume of interest to our program, you may submit an application to only one Period during a 12-month timeframe (regardless of rejection or acceptance into the rogram).
2012 - 2013 Calendar Year
Period 1:January, February, March, April 2013
August 10, 2012
October 15, 2012
Period 2: May, June, July and August 2013
December 14, 2012
February 15, 2013
Period 3: September, October, November, December 2013
December 17, 2012
April 12, 2013
June 14, 2013
Requests for final decisions earlier than the notification dates listed in the last column above cannot be accommodated under any circumstances.
• CV in English
• One page personal statement addressing your interest in this program
• Two letters of recommendation, see FAQs for acceptable formats
• Letter of verification of enrollment in a foreign program/employment at an
Please have these documents ready when we request them.
Upon receipt of all documents, your application is considered complete. No additional documents may be included at a later date.
Your complete application will be reviewed during the corresponding period timeframe. You will be notified via email of the final decision.
Upon acceptance into the Observer Program, you will receive the following by email:
A tentative schedule of your observership will be given to you by the hosting department on your first day.
On your last day, we will present you with a certificate of attendance in the Observer Program.